The University Art Gallery (UAG) is assembling its first student advisory council! This paid opportunity is open to undergraduate students at the University of Pittsburgh. No previous art/museum experience is necessary. The inaugural cohort will shape the council’s mission, structure and activities (even its name!). Advisory council members will also have the opportunity to gain experience in museum work and to make a difference on campus.
That is up to you! The council will meet several times during the Spring 2021 term to set an agenda for the group. The council will be focused on developing creative approaches to student engagement at the UAG. The council members will also have the opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes view of museum work and art collections at the University of Pittsburgh. Meetings and activities will be on Zoom until further notice.
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled at the University of Pittsburgh main campus (preference will be given to students graduating in Spring 2022 or later). Any major welcome!
- Students interested in art, social justice and/or museum work (though no previous experience is necessary to apply)
- Students who like to work as part of a team
- Students who can commit to 25-30 hours per semester
- Students who want to learn more about and contribute to arts on campus
Note: Students with paid positions at Pitt in the Spring term are not eligible.
Absolutely! We are looking for fresh perspectives on the UAG. You don’t have to be familiar with the UAG to apply, but you do have to be committed to learning about the UAG and being a part of the team.
Deadline for Applications: Sunday, November 15, 2020 at midnight.
We are aiming to assemble a committee of 6-7 students, and we are committed to creating a team that is diverse in all respects. Each student will receive a stipend of $300 for the Spring 2021 term.
Follow us on Instagram: @UAG_pitt