External Fellowships Nominated by the HAA Department
External Fellowships Nominated by the HAA Department:
- ACLS (American Council of Learned Societies) Fellowships general list
- Archaeological Institute of America offers several fellowships for upper-level degree candidates and recent graduates to aid in their studies and work
- Berlin Program: year-long research fellowship in Berlin
- Carter Manny Award: for dissertation work in architecture
- CAA Professional Development Fellowships: research and internship stipends
- CLIR Mellon Fellowships for Dissertation Research in Original Sources: funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for dissertation research in the humanities or related social sciences in original sources.
- Miriam Usher Chrisman Travel Fellowship: $1500 for research on Europe 1450-1650, religious topics.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service): research and language study in Germany
- Emmanuel College Dissertation Fellowship: one-year dissertation fellowship intended for doctoral candidates from underrepresented groups engaged in completing their dissertations
- Fulbright/Fulbright-Hayes: for international research.
- Gest Fellowship: for research with a focus on religion
- Getty Pre-Doctoral Fellowships: academic-year fellowships for dissertation work.
- Henry Luce Foundation/ACLS Dissertation Fellowships: for dissertation research on American art
- IDRF (International Dissertation Research Fellowships): for dissertation research outside the United States
- Italian Art Society Kalamazoo Travel Grant
- Lemmermann Foundation grant for students doing research in Rome
- The Leonard A. Lauder Research Center for Modern Art for scholarship on modern art with a focus on Cubism and aims, through its various programs, to make critical contributions to the study of 20th-century art.
- Mauritshuis Fellowship: for research on Dutch and Flemish art, 16th-18th century
- Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowship: for completion of the dissertation and early post-doctoral research support.
- Mellon Dissertation Research in Original Sources: for work with original archival and library resources.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: fellowships in art history
- The National Italian American Foundation: amounts range from $1,000-$18,000; this is an umbrella organization for individual fellowships for Americans of Italian descent, with some prizes for Italian nationals; individual restrictions apply.
- Newberry Library: for research at the Newberry Library, Chicago
- Georgia O’Keeffe Dissertation Fellowship: for research on American modernism
- Program in Early American Economy and Society: dissertation and short term fellowships
- Smithsonian Institution: fellowships in American art
- SSRC (Social Science Research Council): for dissertation research in the humanities and social sciences
- SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada): supports university-based research and graduate training in the social sciences and humanities
- SAH (Society of Architectural Historians): fellowships for architectural history dissertation research
- Warburg Institute: one- to three-year fellowships at the Warburg, London
- Walter Read Hovey Memorial Fund of the Pittsburgh Foundation: $3,000 grant to advance the career of graduate students in art history.
- Wolfsonian: short term research fellowships at the Wolfsonian Foundation of decorative and propaganda arts, 1885-1945 in Florida
Fellowship Locators for Funding outside the University of Pittsburgh